What We Do
ACE conducts a comprehensive and balanced review of the entire life reinsurance portfolio. This review will:
- Ensure data integrity
- Verify compliance with treaty provisions, and
- Identify premium overpayments/underpayments and verify that life and waiver benefits are being properly recovered
- Be conducted either on-site or remotely.
Some of the areas reviewed are highlighted below and are designed to:
- Ensure that the company is maintaining its full retention on all in-force polices.
- Determine that conversions are being properly processed using the original issue age and duration and not attained age and original duration.
- Ensure that underwriting class (table rating and smoking status) is properly reflected on the reinsurance master file.
- Verify that premium rates on the reinsurance system are in accordance with reinsurance treaties and that reinsurance premium and allowances are being properly calculated.
- Verify that reinsurance NAAR is properly stated in accordance with the relevant treaty provisions.
- Ensure that the company is properly recovering life and waiver benefits.